multi function filter system
- MFF300- AF2,5 bis MFF800- SF120
Multi function filter systems are used for superfine filtration of low viscous oils with minor contamination. The filtering units can optionally be operated as precoat filters or candle filters. The conversion is possible at any time without substantial time exposure. The systems are very well adjustable to the respective filtering requirements on account of this multi-functional design. The achievable grade of filtration is approx. 1 – 5 µm. The regeneration of the filter used as ”candle filter“ is fully automatic. The regeneration of the filter in precoat design is automatic; the cleaning ensues manually.
Multi function filter system units optionally as "candle filter" or "precoat filter"
|candle filter with paper / plastic insert||plate-type precoat filter with filtering aid|
|free from filter aids||
optionally usable (interchangeable)
convertible at any time
|diatomaceous earth or cellulose possible|
- convertible from precoat filter to candle filter (and vice versa) at any time
- best results of filtration
- low installation exposure
- low backwashing losses
- hardly any atomisation during backwashing
- fully automatic function
- PLC technology with visualisation
Mode of operation "precoat filter":
The entire tank is filled with oil. The filter discs must be precoated with a filter aid before the filtration can be accomplished.
The precoating process is interrupted and the filtrate is discharged into the clean tank. Now the systems supply pump can be connected. The grade of filtration depending on the filter aids is in the range of 1 – 5 µm.
The filter contamination is monitored and the regeneration of the installation is called in at the machine tool when the adjustable filtration pressure is reached. The installation is automatically regenerated after the end of the operating cycle of the machine tool. The dirt is manually removed by the operator of the installation.
Mode of operation "candle filter":
At the commencement of the filtration, the contaminated fluid is pumped from the dirty fluid tank over the filter dome fitted with filtering candles into the clean tank. Now the systems supply pump can be connected. The grade of filtration without the use of filter aids is in the range of 1 – 5 µm.
The filter contamination is monitored and the regeneration of the installation is called in at the machine tool when the adjustable filtration pressure is reached. The installation is released by the operator for fully automatic regeneration after the end of the operating cycle of the machine tool. After this release, the performance of all required process steps is fully automatic. This automatic system carries out the steps filter dome cleaning, secondary cleaning and the subsequent transition to the filtration procedure fully automatically by means of the integrated PLC control. The F.E.S. candle filter installation minimises the backwashing losses by means of an efficient secondary processing of the discharged oils. The oil atomisation during the filter dome backwashing is reduced to an absolute minimum by a multiple-stage exhaust cleaning system.
he standard basic equipment includes a multi-function filter as "precoat filter" complete with:
- container, subdivided into dirty fluid and clean tank with separate suction chamber
- asurface mounted submersible pumps for supply of filter and machine
- filter dome with precoat filter fitting (filter discs)
- stainless steel filter domes and filtering mesh
- complete automatic valve set with complete pneumatic installation
Supplementary equipment "candle filter":
- filter insert with filtering candles in candle filter technology
- secondary processing for the backwashed oil
- control cabinet with PLC, visualisation and complete electric installation
- magnetic roller for preliminary separation
- proportioning device for filtering aids (only for precoat filter version)
- compressor cooler or heat exchanging installation for stabilisation of processing temperature
- il mist extraction systems
Areas of application
Multi-functional filters in candle filter or precoat filter technology are preferably used for single machines with low oil contamination. The filtration performance of standard installations is between 40 and 120 l/min depending on the case of operation. Special constructions are possible in case of higher filtration performance requirements. The range of separation is determined by the filtering aid and/or the filtering candles used and is approx. 1 - 5 µm. The service life of the filter is substantially determined by the viscosity of the oil and the accumulated dirt. The installations have so far proved their efficiency for honing, finishing, spark eroding, carbide metal working, etc.